Nonimmigrant Visas

Rudnick Immigration Group’s experience enables us to provide value-added solutions for your workforce. We have the know-how to identify flexible visa options to meet your immediate and long-range needs. Whether it’s a simple “can we do this on visa waiver?” or a more complex question, we provide you empowering solutions and recommendations to meet dynamic business needs.
H-1B Specialty Occupations
H-1B Specialty Occupations are positions which require a U.S. bachelor’s degree, or its equivalent, in a specific subject matter as a minimum entry requirement. The initial visa is valid for 3 years and is renewable for a second 3 year term for a maximum of 6 years. (link)
L-1 Intracompany Transferee
Intracompany Transferee visas Enables U.S. companies to transfer existing expat employees to the U.S. The transferee must have been employed abroad for one year by an affiliated company in a managerial or special knowledge position, and must be coming to the U.S. to serve in a similar capacity. (link)
O-1 Individual with Extraordinary Ability
The O-1 is available for individuals who possess extraordinary ability in the sciences, arts, education, business, or athletics, or who has a demonstrated record of extraordinary achievement in the motion picture or television industry and has been recognized nationally or internationally for those achievements. The initial visa is valid for 3 years and is renewable thereafter in only 1 year increments. (link)
TN Professionals under NAFTA
The visa category "Professionals Under the North American Free Trade Agreement" (also known as a “TN Visa”) is available only to citizens of Canada and Mexico, under the terms of the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA). The visas are limited to professional occupations on a designated NAFTA list. For visa exempt Canadians the TN application may be filed at a U.S. Canada border crossing or port of entry. For Mexicans, the visa application must be issued from a U.S. Embassy or consulate in Mexico. (link)
E-1/E-2 Treaty Trader/Investors
Treaty Trader and Treaty Investor visas are for citizens of countries with which the U.S. has established trade treaties. You must be coming to the United States to establish or continue a business that will either (1) trade in services or technology with the U.S. or (2) be an enterprise in which you have invested a substantial amount of foreign capital. (link)
E-3 Specialty Occupation Professionals from Australia
The E-3 visa category is available solely to Australian citizens. Like the H-1B visa, an E-3 Specialty Occupation must require a U.S. bachelor’s degree, or its equivalent, in a specific subject matter as a minimum entry requirement. The initial visa is valid for 2 years and is renewable in 2 year increments indefinitely. (link)
F-1 Student OPT
F-1 students may be authorized up to a total of 12 months of full-time practical training upon completion of their U.S. degree. Students who graduate with an enumerated Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) degree may be eligible for a 17-month STEM extension of their post-completion OPT. (link)
J-1 Exchange Visitor
The J-1 visa program covers a host of cultural exchange visitors. Our practice primarily focuses on Interns and Industrial Trainees. The J-1 visa allows Interns and Trainees to come to the U.S. for up to 12 or 18 months to gain training at a U.S. employer. (link)
H-3 Trainee Visa
The H-3 Trainee Visa provides an avenue for businesses, universities and non-profit organizations to sponsor foreign nationals for training in any field of endeavor, other than graduate medical education or training. Such training must not be available in the foreign national’s home country. There are separate rules for Special Education Exchange Visitors to receive practical training and experience in the education of children with physical, mental, or emotional disabilities. The H-3 Trainee Visa is generally valid for up to 2 years, except for special education programs where the maximum period of stay is limited to 18 months. The visa is non-renewable. (link)